It’s no secret that I’m a huge Dermalogica fan, but this newly launched product is out of this world amazing!
Dermalogica’s NEW Daily Superfoliant is a next-gen powder exfoliant that provides a daily detox from skin-aging pollution.
This highly active powder resurfacer leaves skin ultra-smooth, while combatting the environmental triggers known to cause brown spots, fine lines, and uneven skin tone. Drawing on the same innovative powder form that has made Dermalogica’s Daily Microfoliant a best-seller, Daily Superfoliant is gentle enough for daily use but powerful enough to give immediate results.
Studies have shown a link between exposure to air pollution and signs of skin ageing, ranging from hyperpigmentation and fine dehydration lines to a weakened skin structure and increased sensitivity. Research even found that an increase in soot and particles from traffic was associated with 20% more pigmentation spots. According to Dr. Diana Howard, Vice President of Research & Development at Dermalogica, as fine airborne particles land on the skin, they become lodged within the skin’s deeper structure, generating free radicals that trigger inflammation. The free radicals break down the skin’s natural lipid barrier, increasing trans-epidermal water loss, and create sensitised skin. In turn, we see signs of ageing such as pigmentation and structural degradation. When ageing is caused by inflammation, we call this ‘inflammaging’.”
Daily Superfoliant comprises of ingredients that adsorb pollutants, inhibit adhesion of pollution particles to help preserve the skin’s youthful structure, and offer exceptional resurfacing for softer, smoother skin.
- Activated Binchotan Charcoal Powder derived from Ubame Oak (also referred to as “white charcoal”) attracts and binds itself to impurities in the skin, pulling them out of pores. Microfine particles resurface the skin and draw out particulate matter, as well as excess sebum and other impurities.
- Oryza Sativa (Rice Bran) Extract, derived from rice seeds or husks, contain phytic acid, and when activated with water, enable dual-action chemical and physical exfoliation.
- Enzyme Trio of papain, lipase, and subtilisin dissolve proteins in the skin; deeply cleanse skin while accelerating exfoliation.
- Malic Acid & Lactic Acid exfoliate and resurface for ultra-smooth skin.
- Anti-adherence complex (Red Algae, and Tara Fruit Extract) helps preserve the natural barrier function of the skin by providing a non-occlusive molecular mesh that inhibits penetration and adherence of environmental pollutants.
- Niacinamide provides anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties to prevent adhesion of pollution particles and prevent signs of skin ageing.
After cleansing, dispense about half a teaspoon of Daily Superfoliant into wet hands and create a creamy, foamy paste by rubbing hands together. Apply to face in circular motions, avoiding the eye area. Massage gently, and then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Ideal for those concerned with ageing skin conditions. For sensitive skin, apply on alternate days until skin acclimates.
Daily Superfoliant is offered in a 75g bottle with a suggested retail price of R1 180.00, and will be available at authorised Dermalogica® spas, salons and skin centres nationwide and online at Dermalogica.co.za
More information follow @dermalogicasa #dailysuperfoliant